Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Alright since I couldn't figure out how to save my ideas to the google document, I am going to post it on here for now! Lauren - could you help me figure out why I couldn't save it.... was i supposed to click something so I could be a member of the group? I am so confused lol.

Recycling Assignment
Things I added have a ** next to it- Amanda

Hey guys, I’m thinking we could have our students talk to another class from a different country to compare and contrast their recycling opportunities and abilities.
Who are the students your students will communicate with (specific location, grade level)?

I would assume our students would talk to a class at the same grade level, but I don’t know what grade our class is supposed to be? Maybe first? I think another country would be cool to give the students a different perspective but I don’t really have a specific preference.
**I agree with the same grade level. For my lesson plan I put grade 3 because I wasn’t sure, but it doesn’t matter to me! I was thinking either a less developed country to have our students compare with or maybe a “cleaner” and healthier country like china or something.

When would your students contact these other students (at what point in their project work)?

I think it would be the most beneficial to contact the other students after our class have done a fair amount of research on recycling, to be able to share what they have learned. So maybe half way through our recycling unit or more toward the end?

**I agree that it needs to be after our students have done most of their research etc. I think toward the end would be good and they can ask the other students from the other country if they think our recycling system is beneficial and what they would change for it etc before we make it final.

What kinds of questions would they ask each other and what kinds of information would they share?

Our students could ask the other class if they have recycling bins in their school? If there are recycling centers in their community? If their class has done a unit on recycling? What types of things they can recycle?

**and if they went to their school, what would they want to make recycling easier and what things can they do to promote recycling.

What will they do with the information they get from the other students?

I’m not sure what our class would do with the information they get from the other class.
**Use it to make our recycling system the best it can be? hahah I am not sure!

4 comments:

  1. wait.. it might of worked in the google document haha someone let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it worked :) Can Sharon tell who changes what? Should we just keep using different colors to alter it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. idk hahah i did that just in case but i feel like she can tell! did any of my comments help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I was adding my assignment I was able to determine who added what it looks great.

    ReplyDelete